Your privacy is critically important to us.
If customer provides personal data directly to our affiliates, distributors or suppliers, the terms of their respective privacy policies will apply to such disclosures. Customer should carefully review the privacy policies of the affiliate partner, distributor or supplier prior to providing personal data to such third parties.
Collection of customer’s personal data
In the course of our business, we collect and process personal data in different ways. We may collect personal data customer give us directly but we also collect data by logging how customer interacts with our services, for example by using cookies on this website. We may also receive personal data from third parties.
The personal data we collect about customer may include, but is not limited to: customer’s name, email address, postal address, phone number, billing information, survey responses, reservation details and other information customer may provide about himself/herself to our site, customer’s IP address and web browser software.
Customer can choose not to provide personal data to us, but in general some personal data about customer is required in order for customer to receive relevant offerings from TRIPFINDER.GE and its partners, and to enjoy benefits of being a registered member.
- Information that customer provide to us: We receive and store any personal data customer enter on our websites or give us in any other way, including customer’s contributions. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for customer to disclose personal data, including customer’s name, address (partial or whole), email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If customer does not provide personal data when purchasing one of our supplier’s products or services, we cannot confirm customer’s purchase or facilitate customer’s booking. In some instances we may also ask for travel documentation, such as passports, demographic data, including customer’s country of residence, gender, age, travel habits, etc.
- Information about others: Customer may have the opportunity to provide contact and travel-related information for other people through our websites. If customer “Refers a Friend” or if customer purchases products or services for someone else through our Websites, customer will need to submit that individual’s personal data. Customer must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal data.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain information from customer’s computer or mobile device when customer visits ’that the Website. For example, we collect customer’s IP address, web browser software, and referring website. To help us analyze the usage of our websites and related services, and to send more relevant communications to customer, we also collect and keep track of customer’s online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made.
- Location Information and Other Information from Devices: When customer use an Application on a mobile device, we will collect and use information about customer in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when customer use the TRIPFINDER.GE website. In addition, we may collect information about customer’s location with customer’s consent if customer’s Device has been configured to send such information to the Application via the privacy settings on that Device, or if customer have uploaded photos tagged with location information. For example, we may use customer’s location to show customer tours or excursions near customer when customer are travelling. Customer can change the privacy settings of customer’s Device at any time in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag customer’s photos with location information. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our Application. If customer has any queries about the privacy settings of customer’s Device, we suggest customer contact the manufacturer of customer’s Device or customer’s mobile service provider for help.
How we use customer’s personal data
We will only use customer’s personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use customer’s personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with customer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and customer’s interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- With customer’s consent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may send to customer marketing emails with information about TRIPFINDER.GE deals, destination and product news, offers, competitions, and other special promotions that we believe that customer will find valuable, interesting or informative.
Customer will receive marketing messages from us if customer has given customer’s consent, if customer has requested them, or if customer purchased goods or services from us and customer had not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
If customer is no longer interested in receiving future email marketing communications from TRIPFINDER.GE, customer have several choices for opting out of future mailings, customer may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions and link included in each email marketing message we send.
Even if customer opts out of receiving future marketing communications from TRIPFINDER.GE, we will continue to send to customer emails regarding customer’s purchases and bookings, and regarding administrative and service-related information such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies. We reserve the right to send customer other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to customer’s account, without offering customer the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
With whom we share customer’s personal data
We may store the contributions and submissions customer makes to Website, including but not limited to customer’s reviews, photos, public profile and ratings (customer’s “Content”), publicly display customer’s Content on our websites and Applications and those of our affiliate partners and distributors, display it to other users, share it with our affiliate partners and distributors, and use it for promotional purposes. Note, that if customer includes personal data in customer’s Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information customers choose to include in customer’s Content.
TRIPFINDER.GE may share customer’s personal data with other parties, including other group companies and third parties, such as service providers who work on behalf of us. If we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and customer’s personal data relates to such sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will share customer’s personal data with the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively. If we are legally obliged to do so, we will share personal data to protect our customers, the site, as well as our company and our rights and property.
- Third Party Vendors. We also share customer’s personal data with third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect personal data on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our websites or Applications or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to customer’s interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect personal data only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the personal data for any other purpose. We currently contract with several third-party online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of third-party marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website.
- Referring Websites. If customer were referred to TRIPFINDER.GE from another website, we may share customer’s registration information, such as customer’s name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about customer with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal data and we encourage customer to review the privacy policies of any website that referred customer to TRIPFINDER.GE.
We may also share or disclose personal data if we believe, at our sole discretion, this to be necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of TRIPFINDER.GE, our users, or others; and in connection with our Terms or other agreements, including with our partners or suppliers;
- following a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- with law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies (if we are legally obliged to do so).
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular excursions or tours. This information does not contain any personal data and is used to develop content and services we hope customer will find of interest.
How long will we retain customer’s personal data
We will only retain customer’s personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure or customer’s personal data, the purposes for which we process customer’s personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Customer can check, supplement and update the information customer have provided to us, or customer can choose to close customer’s account at any time, through the online system or by contacting us via email. If customer decides to close customer’s account, we will deactivate it, and delete customer’s profile information and customer’s reviews from view. Remember that once customer’s account is closed, customer will no longer be able to login, access customer’s personal information. Customer can however, open a new account at any time.
Customer may change allowed marketing preferences at any time.
We may offer members the option to save information related to method and choice of payment on our websites. If customer saves such payment details, customer will be able to add, delete, or modify that information at any time in customer’s account settings.
In accordance with applicable law, customer may also have the right of access, the right of rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability and the right to object. More details and information on how and when customer may be able to exercise customer’s rights can be found below. Where such rights exist, we will respond to customer’s request within one month, but have the right to extend this period with two months.
In accordance with applicable law, customer may have the following rights with regard to customer’s personal data:
- The right to request access to customer’s personal data. This enables customer to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about customer and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request to correct customer’s data if they are inaccurate. Customer may also supplement any incomplete data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of customer’s personal data if:
- customer’s personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- customer withdraws customer’s consent if the processing of customer’s personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- customer objects to the processing of customer’s personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- customer’s personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- customer’s personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of customer’s personal data. We will comply with customer’s request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing customer’s personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of customer’s personal data is contested by customer, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
- the processing is unlawful and customer oppose the deletion of customer’s personal data and requests restriction; or
- we no longer need customer’s personal data for the purposes of processing, but customer’s personal data is required by customer for legal claims; or
- customer has objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
- The right to data portability. Customer may request us to receive the personal data that concern customer. Customer may also request us to send this personal data to a third party, where feasible. Customer only has this right if it regards personal data customer have provided to us, the processing is based on consent or necessary for the performance of a contract between customer and us, and the processing is done by automated means.
Customer can exercise customer’s rights by filing a request form provided on the Website of by contacting us via e-mail ([email protected]).
Customer will not have to pay a fee to access customer’s personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if customer’s request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from customer to help us confirm customer’s identity and ensure customer’s right to access customer’s personal data (or to exercise any of customer’s other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact customer to ask customer for further information in relation to customer’s request to speed up our response.
How we protect customer’s personal data
At TRIPFINDER.GE we seek to maintain the integrity and security of customer’s personal data. We have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organizational measures to protect the personal data customer provides us against unauthorized or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
We seek to store customer’s personal data in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public, and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of customer’s personal data by our employees or third parties.
However, no data transmission over the internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the personal data customer provide to us will be secure at all times. TRIPFINDER.GE will rely on customer telling us if customer experience any unusual events that may indicate a breach in customer’s information security. We will then seek to investigate whether this was related to the data transmissions from or to our Website and let customer know what steps can be taken and have been taken to help rectify the problem.
Whenever we store or transfer customer’s personal data outside Georgia, we will do so in accordance with applicable law and we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing appropriate safeguards. Transfers of personal data are made:
- to a country recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection, or;
- to a country which does not offer adequate protection but whose transfer has been governed by the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission or by implementing other appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on customer’s computer or mobile device when customer visit almost any website. They are stored by customer’s Internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about customer’s Internet use, but they do not normally identify customer personally. Customer’s browser sends these cookies back to the site every time customer revisit it, so it can recognize customer’s computer or mobile device and personalize and improve customer’s site experience.
We work with third party advertisers to give customer access to interesting and exciting travel content through our website. So, as well as setting some cookies ourselves (“first party cookies”), we also allow some advertisers who display advertisements on our site to set cookies, known as “third party cookies”. These cookies record information about customer’s use of advertisements. This helps advertisers to show customer advertisements that are more likely to interest customer, limit the number of times customer may see an advertisement, and also help to improve customer’s online experience.